Tuesday 26 June 2012

S & P



I didn't know about the story of Salt andPepper until me and my smart hubby got married. My sis-in-law gave us a pair ofSalt and Pepper shakers wishing us being together forever. Sounds a bit lame,but behind these two little things, a big story was told. In the westerncountries, this is kinda big deal, and as an Asian, I learnt a cultural lesson,which opens another door of exploring the world.

Unlike its popularity, not many peoplereally know how and why Salt and Pepper were paired up. As I dig a bit deeper (asin google), the story behind it is actually not as romantic as it represents. Theymet each other in a romantic country France, and King Louis XIV was their matchmaker. Because French created the salt-sweet divide, and he proclaimed pepper was thesuperior spice to any others, as a result, these two spices were put together eversince.

The reason of me talking about this isbecause two of my very good friends Mini and Max, were just engaged and I havewitnessed the growth of their relationship from the very beginning. Many years of our friendship, we were sort of waiting for the day Max popping out the question. The moment Igot the news, I was shocked in a good way…for about 24 hours. Now I amdedicating this blog to them.

Mini and Max, wish you two have a lovely anddelicious life together ahead, just like Salt and Pepper.

Love,
S xx






No comments:

Post a Comment